- Integrated trunk wings attach to a planar aluminum back support shell are adjustable for angle, height, and up to a total of 3” of width for standard wings and 1.5” for pediatric wings to create a custom supportive shape.
- Moldable stays included for positioning, support, pressure redistribution and on-the-spot customization for a variety of spinal curvatures and changes in conditions.
- Moldable stays on the backside of the two layer foam pad can be molded to support lumbar, scoliosis and kyphosis needs.
- Moldable stays are offset from center of the back, removing pressure points from the spine.
- Comes with integrated chest harness strap guides.
- Durable aluminum shell comes with pre-drilled 2” x 1” head support hole pattern (BodiLink™ Head Support).
- Compatible with lateral trunk support hardware. A total of 11” of pad width adjustment (5.5” per side) & over 5” of height adjustment. Lateral trunk supports (E0956) are optional & available.
Compass 4 Hardware
- Fully adjustable for height, depth, and angle of recline.
- Requires only 1.5″ of space on each cane for mounting purposes.
- All adjustments can be made while the user is seated in the wheelchair, eliminating the need for multiple transfers during the fitting process.
- Quick-release feature allows backrest to be removed vertically within seconds.
- Hardware may be installed within minutes and fits 3/4″, 7/8″, and 1″ tubing.
- Positive locking feature for angle rotation.
Note: hardware appearance my vary depending on back support size and style.
- 1. Cane mount fits 5 different cane diameters. Shorter strap that comes standard fits 3/4”, 7/8” & 1” while longer strap provided (not pictured) fits 1 1/8” & 1 1/4”.
- 2. Slot lock nut system prevents unwanted rotation.
- 3. Single design allows for easy adjustment with minimal fasteners.
- 4. Single slot design uses very little space, allowing other hardware to mount.
- 5. Minimal fasteners, but strong design.
- 6. Track systems prevent rotation, allowing features to nest together for additional stability.
- 7. Combination of aluminum and steel for ultralight hardware.